Plumbers in NJ
Are you looking for plumbers in NJ? Total Plumbing, Heating and Drain Service is a fully bonded and insured plumbing company in NJ that has been plumbers in NJ, for residential & commercial customers, for over 30 years.
Plumbing advice from the expertsYour plumbing system is incredibly important to the overall health and integrity of your house. However, unlike a lot of other issues that could arise, problems with your plumbing system are incremental. The little things matter, and in a bid to save you the trouble of spending so much, we asked plumbers in NJ how people can keep their plumbing systems in good shape.
Plumbing maintenance tips for daily livingA lot of the things you do daily affect your plumbing system. Clogs are real nuisances, but the truth is that it is the little things we do on a daily basis that lead to their appearance. At the end of the day, they just go on to shorten the lifespan of pipes and cause further issues for your problems.
So, to help ensure that you get some optimal performance from your plumbing system, plumbers in NJ have recommended that you conduct the following:
In your KitchenA lot of the time, kitchen drains clog due to the presence of waste or debris going down the sink. However, in order to prevent this, make sure that you don’t put oils or grease down the sink. A lot of plumbers in NJ recommend this, and there is a reason why.
- Cooking fats, oils, butter, and other materials that can block your pipes need to be kept at bay. Also, plumbers in NJ recommend that you don’t misuse the garbage disposal.
- Apart from those, make sure to follow these:
- Never switch on the water and disposal before you add food
- Don’t put stringy food down the garbage disposal. Things like celery, banana peels, and more should just be thrown out
- Allow the cold water run after you use the disposal. It will help flush down the food into the main line
In your bathroomYou also need to watch around the drain in the bathroom. To reduce these clogs, make sure to follow these steps:
- Reduce the use of bath oils and install screens over the drains. They will prevent hair from going down the drain
- Don’t use your toilet as a trash can. You should only flush toilet paper and human waste down the toilet. Dispose things like wipes and tampons elsewhere
- Don’t use chemical clog removal products. Really, they don’t work.
Plumbing maintenance every weekPlumbers in NJ also recommend that you check on your pipes once a week. It will help prevent the development of small issues, and help enhance diagnosis and fixes much easily. So, every week, try to do the following:
- Check for pipe leaks. Look under sinks for moisture signs (which include water puddles, a musty feeling, mold growth, etc.)
- Perform tests on shower and sink drains to look out for drainage speed. If you see water bubble while the water drains, then slow drain is beginning to accumulate. The ideal drain should have a complete swirl as the water drains
- Make sure that you clean your lint traps on the washing machine
Call Total Plumbing, Heating and Drain Service at 201-804-0001,
Total Plumbing, Heating and Drain Service - Your Trusted plumbers in NJ